Old Kilmun House > Large Holiday House Scotland > Terms & Conditions
Old Kilmun House - Large Holiday House In Scotland

Kilmun, Argyllshire,
Scotland

Tel 00 44 (0)1505 872515

 
 
 
Bullet

TERMS & CONDITIONS

THE OK PROPERTY COMPANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS

NB All properties are non-smoking

1. A booking is confirmed when a deposit cheque for 30% of the cost of the holiday is received. The remaining 70% is due 2 calendar months before the holiday commences. A good house-keeping / damage deposit is required in cleared funds a week before occupancy.

2. If the Hirer cancels a confirmed booking, he/she remains liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the Hirer, the Owner will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful will make a full refund to the Hirer less an administration fee of £100, and any other necessary expenses or discounts incurred in re-letting.

3. It is the hirer's responsibility to take out cancellation and any other insurance for their holiday. PJ Hayman & Co provide a tried and tested policy for our clients, but it is at the clients discretion and is the
clients responsibility to purchase that cover if required.

4. The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated. The owners reserve the right to terminate occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition.

5. The Hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear excepted. The Hirer will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in a clean and tidy condition. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who signed the booking form, but the responsibility is joint and several.

6. Owners reserve the right to decline to hand over properties to any person or persons who, in their opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner shall cease. If the owner is prevented, because of circumstances outwith his control, (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies), from putting his property at the disposal of the Hirer, the hire charge shall be refunded in full but the Hirer shall have no further claim against the owner.

7. The contract effected between the Hirer and the owner of the property is in terms of Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the Hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.

8. Any facilities at the property which are utilised by guests - trampolines, bikes, swimming pools, darts, fishing tackle etc - are used at the hirer's risk. No compensation need be paid in respect of the non-functionality or unavailability of any such extraneous and additional facilities. When compensation is paid, at the discretion of the owner, it will be capped at a maximum of 10% of the amount of the hire.

9. The Owner may be able to help arrange catering, sports, entertainments or other services for the hirer of the property. No charge is made by the owner for such help in arranging for services. In such circumstances, any contract is entered into between the hirer and the service provider (cook, archery tutor, musician etc) and in no way can the owner be considered responsible for the service provided.

10. The terms and conditions under which the house is to be used, treated, and left are covered in the "Welcome Pack" for guests, which is usually supplied in advance to the hirer but always available to them on request, and displayed in the property. Any failure to observe these terms - including restrictions on smoking, pets, etc - will result in the hirer being liable to forfeit their good housekeeping / damage / security deposit. In the case of significant damage, the hirer's liability will not be limited to the amount of the damage deposit.

11. The owners have absolute discretion as to whether they consider a party suitable to hire a property, and may also insist on whatever deposit against damage they deem appropriate, such discussions forming part of the agreement to hire the property.

12. The maximum amount of compensation due from the owner to any Hirer who's hire cannot take place, for whatever reason, is limited to 100% of the original rent or the total paid by the client, whatever is the smaller.