OK PROPERTY COMPANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NB All properties are non-smoking
1. A booking is confirmed when a deposit cheque for 30% of the cost of the holiday is received. The remaining 70% is due 2 calendar months before the
holiday commences. A good house-keeping / damage deposit is required in
cleared funds a week before occupancy.
2. If the Hirer cancels a confirmed booking, he/she remains liable for
payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written
confirmation of the cancellation from the Hirer, the Owner will endeavour to
re-let the property and if successful will make a full refund to the Hirer
less an administration fee of £100, and any other necessary expenses or
discounts incurred in re-letting.
3. It is the hirer's responsibility to take out cancellation and any other
insurance for their holiday. PJ Hayman & Co provide a tried and tested
policy for our clients, but it is at the clients discretion and is the
clients responsibility to purchase that cover if required.
4. The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum
occupancy level stated. The owners reserve the right to terminate occupancy
of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this
5. The Hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire
contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear excepted. The Hirer will
make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in a clean
and tidy condition. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who signed the booking form, but the responsibility is
joint and several.
6. Owners reserve the right to decline to hand over properties to any person
or persons who, in their opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In such
cases, hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner
shall cease. If the owner is prevented, because of circumstances outwith his
control, (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility
supplies), from putting his property at the disposal of the Hirer, the hire
charge shall be refunded in full but the Hirer shall have no further claim
against the owner.
7. The contract effected between the Hirer and the owner of the property is
in terms of Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and
confers on the Hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed
for holiday purposes only.
8. Any facilities at the property which are utilised by guests -
trampolines, bikes, swimming pools, darts, fishing tackle etc - are used at
the hirer's risk. No compensation need be paid in respect of the non-functionality or unavailability of any such extraneous and additional
facilities. When compensation is paid, at the discretion of the owner, it
will be capped at a maximum of 10% of the amount of the hire.
9. The Owner may be able to help arrange catering, sports, entertainments or
other services for the hirer of the property. No charge is made by the owner
for such help in arranging for services. In such circumstances, any contract is entered into between the hirer and the service provider (cook, archery tutor, musician etc) and in no way can the owner be considered responsible for the service provided.
10. The terms and conditions under which the house is to be used, treated,
and left are covered in the "Welcome Pack" for guests, which is usually
supplied in advance to the hirer but always available to them on request,
and displayed in the property. Any failure to observe these terms -
including restrictions on smoking, pets, etc - will result in the hirer
being liable to forfeit their good housekeeping / damage / security deposit. In the case of significant damage, the hirer's liability will not be limited
to the amount of the damage deposit.
11. The owners have absolute discretion as to whether they consider a party
suitable to hire a property, and may also insist on whatever deposit against
damage they deem appropriate, such discussions forming part of the agreement
to hire the property.
12. The maximum amount of compensation due from the owner to any Hirer who's
hire cannot take place, for whatever reason, is limited to 100% of the
original rent or the total paid by the client, whatever is the smaller.